About the Company
Our client, a successful firm of Solicitors are looking for a Residential Property Conveyancer to join their team.
About the Role
• To assist the Director in managing the Departments caseload from initial instructions from client to post completion matters to include opening/closing files.
• To provide clear, comprehensive and accurate legal advice to clients.
• To run files in accordance with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
• To carry out client sourcing activities in accordance with internal targets.
• Provide clients with comprehensive and accurate legal advice. To attend upon clients on the telephone and in person.
• Run transactions smoothly to conclusion providing a high level of service.
• To confirm advice in correspondence.
• To respond promptly to all written and telephone communications in accordance with the office manual.
• To liaise with solicitors, agents and any other third parties in a timely and professional manner.
• To keep abreast of legal developments in the fee earner's sphere of practice and defer to expert third party advice where appropriate.
• To progress actively the client's matter promptly to conclusion.
• To comply with all professional, regulatory and statutory training requirements.
• To keep up-to-date and comply with all procedural, regulatory, statutory and professional changes relevant to the job description and professional qualification.
• To draft all necessary documentation required to progress the client's case and to proof-read documents.
• To ensure that paper and electronic files are up to date, accurate and organised.
• To comply with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
• To prioritise work to meet deadlines agreed with the client or any other party involved with the matter.
• To ensure that all information used in managing the files and storing deeds and wills and any other documents relating to the case are accurately recorded.
• To meet time recording, billing and other performance targets (if applicable).
• To ensure that all requisite deadlines relating to the case are accurately recorded in the central diary system.
• To take a proactive approach to building professional relationships with clients and other contacts.
• To assist other fee earners/members of staff as directed by the Managing Director.